Applying for a new connection with the Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO) involves a series of steps that are required to ensure a seamless connection and excellent customer service. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process in detail, ensuring you can access IESCO’s services easily.
The first thing to consider before applying for a new connection is whether you’re eligible. Any Pakistani citizen or registered company operating in Islamabad, Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, and Rawalpindi districts within the service area of IESCO is eligible to apply.
2. Understand The Types of Connections
There are several types of connections that IESCO provides:
- Domestic: for residential properties
- Commercial: for shops, offices, and other businesses
- Industrial: for factories and industrial establishments
Identify the type of connection you require based on your needs.
3. Documents Required
Before proceeding with the application, gather the following documents:
- A copy of your CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card)
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A copy of the property deed or any document that proves ownership or legal occupancy
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the owner if the premises are rented
- Location map of the premises
- For commercial and industrial connections, additional documents may be required such as business registration or industrial NOC.
4. Online Application
IESCO has digitized the new connection process for enhanced customer convenience. Here are the steps to apply online:
- Visit the official IESCO website.
- Find and click on the “New Connection” tab.
- Fill in the application form accurately with all the necessary details including your full name, contact number, CNIC, residential address, and the type of connection you’re applying for.
- Upload all required documents in the specified format.
- Click on “Submit” to complete the application.
After successful submission, you will receive an application reference number. Save this number for future correspondence.
5. Physical Submission
If you’re not comfortable with the online process, you can also submit the application physically at the nearest IESCO Customer Services Center. Take along the filled application form and all required documents.
6. Inspection and Demand Notice
Once the application has been submitted, IESCO will conduct a field inspection of the premises to verify the details provided. If everything is found in order, a demand notice will be issued mentioning the cost associated with the new connection.
7. Payment of Demand Notice
You will have to pay the amount mentioned in the demand notice within a specified period (usually 2 weeks). Payments can be made at any branch of the designated banks that partner with IESCO, or via online banking if the service is available.
8. Connection Installation
After the payment has been made and verified, IESCO will schedule the installation of your new electric connection. This process includes the installation of a meter and wiring from the grid to your premises.
9. Service Activation
Once the installation process is complete, IESCO will activate the service, and electricity will be supplied to the premises.
Remember to keep all the receipts and reference numbers safe as they might be required in the future. Additionally, if you encounter any issues during the application process or after the connection has been installed, you can always contact IESCO customer service for assistance.
With this guide, applying for a new connection with IESCO should be easy and straightforward. Make sure to follow each step diligently to ensure a seamless application process.