Misplaced your FESCO bill or haven’t received it yet? Don’t sweat it! This user-friendly website offers an easy solution to all your FESCO bill concerns. Not only can you swiftly check your most recent FESCO bill, but you can also view comprehensive bill details like due dates and total amount. Lost your original copy? Download a duplicate FESCO bill with a few clicks. Wondering if your last payment went through? A complete bill history at your fingertips can provide the answer.
To enjoy this seamless experience, simply enter your unique 14-digit reference number, and you’re all set. Whether you’re using a mobile, tablet, or desktop, this platform ensures optimal performance on all devices. Get started now to take the stress out of managing your FESCO WAPDA bill.
Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO) is a pillar of Pakistan’s utility landscape, providing consistent and reliable power supply to millions across Faisalabad and other regions. As a key governmental entity established in 1998, FESCO has been instrumental in bolstering socio-economic development through efficient electricity distribution.
Today, the organization is more than just a power provider – it’s a symbol of digital innovation. FESCO’s introduction of online bill check and payment services proves its commitment to customer convenience and digital transformation. With a user-friendly platform, customers can easily view, download, and pay their bills online, marking a shift towards a sustainable, paperless future. Embrace the digital revolution with FESCO – powering not just homes and businesses, but an era of customer-centric utility management in Pakistan.
Steps to check online FESCO electric bill:
- Go to the search field on this page.
- Enter your bill reference number in the input field.
- Click on the ‘Get Bill’ button to see the latest bill amount and due date.
- Click on ‘Print Full Bill’ to see the complete bill where you can download or print the full bill.
Check your latest bill on this website. If you are looking for your November bill or an older bill, you can find it in the old bill history. Just enter your reference number above, and get your latest FESCO bill for December 2023.
FESCO Contact Details:
FESCO’s contact details and head office address are as follows:
- Address: FESCO Faisalabad Electric Supply Company, West Canal Road, Abdullah Pur, Faisalabad, Pakistan12.
- Phone Number: +92-41-9220184 -9220229
- Fax Number: +92-41-9220233
- Email Addresses:
- Customer Contact Number: 118 UAN # 080066554
Tips to Save Your FESCO Electricity Bill
To save on your FESCO bill, you can adopt similar strategies to what would be used in other areas to reduce electricity consumption. Here are a few tips:
- Use Energy-Efficient Appliances: Appliances that are energy-efficient use less electricity to perform the same function. Replacing old appliances with energy-efficient ones can save a significant amount of electricity.
- Turn Off Lights When Not in Use: It’s a simple habit to cultivate but can lead to big savings. Always turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Unplug Electronics: Even when not in use, electronics can draw power. Unplug them when they’re not needed.
- Use Natural Light: Whenever possible, make use of natural light instead of turning on lights during the day.
- Use a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat can automatically adjust the temperature in your home to the most energy-efficient setting.
- Insulate Your Home: Proper insulation can keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, reducing the need for heating and air conditioning.
- Use Energy-Efficient Bulbs: Switching to LED or CFL bulbs can significantly reduce the amount of electricity used for lighting.
- Regular Maintenance of Appliances: Keep your appliances in good working order. Regular maintenance can help ensure they’re operating as efficiently as possible.
- Use Solar Panels: If it’s feasible, installing solar panels can provide a renewable source of energy that will reduce your reliance on the grid.
- Educate Everyone in the House: Make sure everyone in the house understands the importance of saving energy and knows what they can do to help.
Remember, every little bit helps when it comes to saving energy. Even small changes can add up to big savings over time.
FESCO Bill Payment Methods
There are several bill payment methods available for FESCO (Faisalabad Electric Supply Company) electricity bills. Here are some common methods:
Mobile Banking Apps
Many banks offer mobile banking apps that allow you to pay utility bills, including FESCO electricity bills. Install your bank’s mobile app, log in to your account, navigate to the bill payment section, and select FESCO as the payee.
You can also pay your FESCO electricity bill through ATMs. Visit any ATM of your bank, insert your debit card, select the bill payment option, and follow the instructions to pay your FESCO bill.
You can visit the nearest branch of your bank and pay your FESCO electricity bill at the counter. Provide them with your bill details, and the bank representative will assist you in completing the payment.
EasyPaisa or JazzCash
These are mobile wallet services widely used in Pakistan. Install the respective mobile app, create an account, and use the bill payment option to pay your FESCO electricity bill.
Third-Party Payment Platforms
There are various third-party platforms available in Pakistan that facilitate bill payments. Examples include PayPak, 1LINK, and UPaisa. You can use these platforms to pay your FESCO electricity bill.
- Fuel Price Adjustment (FPA): This is adjusted for international oil prices. Pakistan’s electricity generation cost fluctuates. The following result is a three-month payment backlog for which fuel price adjustments are made for the previous month’s consumed units.
- Quarterly Tariff Adjustment (QTR Adj): Increases in tariff rates are deliberately delayed sometimes to facilitate the consumer but never waived. Therefore after every quarter (3 months), the tariff rates are increased, and the previous backlog amount is extracted from consumers as a Quarterly adjustment.
- Financing Cost Surcharge (F.C. Surcharge): A technical surcharge is taken by the distribution company as a debt servicing for running the privately held power companies. This amount is charged at a rate of 43 paise per unit.
- Meter Rent: These are the monthly fixed charges of Rupees eight (8) taken by the FESCO billing department as a meter rent.
FESCO Government charges:
- Electricity Duty (E.D): The Government of Pakistan takes this tax by a value of a certain amount on the total unit consumed by a single household in a month.
- T.V. Fee: A thirty-five (35) Rupees fixed tax is taken by Govt. of Pakistan in terms of the Pakistan Television Network (PTV) license fee.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): 17% tax is taken from you by the Govt. of Pakistan in place of Goods and services tax. 17% GST is applied combined on Electricity duty, Electricity cost, Fuel Price Adjustment, F.C. Surcharge, and QTR Adjustment.
- Late Payment Surcharge (L.P Surcharge): 10% of the total current bill amount is taken additionally by the government of Pakistan if you don’t pay your bill within the due date.
Areas Under FESCO:
Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO) covers a wide range of areas in Pakistan, including large divisions and smaller subdivisions. Below is a detailed list of these areas:
|Faisalabad Sargodha Road|
|Faisalabad Sheikhupura Road|
|Faisalabad Jhang Road|
|Faisalabad Sumundri Road|
|Faisalabad Satiana Road|
|Toba Tek Singh|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Can I pay my FESCO bill online as well?
Yes, after checking your bill online on the FESCO website, you can opt to pay it online using several payment options such as credit/debit cards or online banking.
What should I do if my FESCO online bill does not load?
If your bill does not load, check your internet connection first. If the problem persists, it may be a technical issue on the website. You can try again after some time or contact FESCO’s customer service.
Is it safe to check and pay the FESCO bill online?
Yes, the FESCO website is secure, and all your transactions and personal information are protected.
How can I report a power outage or electrical fault to FESCO?
If you experience a power outage or notice an electrical fault, you should immediately contact FESCO’s helpline number. They will assist you in reporting the issue and dispatching a team to resolve it. The helpline numbern is +92-41-9220184- 9220229.
How can I apply for a new connection with FESCO?
To apply for a new connection with FESCO, you need to visit their local office and collect the required application form. Fill out the form with accurate information, attach the necessary documents, and submit it back to the office. FESCO will process your application and inform you about further steps and requirements.