Misplaced your GEPCO bill or haven’t received it yet? Don’t sweat it! This user-friendly website offers an easy solution to all your GEPCO bill concerns. Not only can you swiftly check your most recent GEPCO bill, but you can also view comprehensive bill details like due dates and total amount. Lost your original copy? Download a duplicate GEPCO bill with a few clicks. Wondering if your last payment went through? A complete bill history at your fingertips can provide the answer.
To enjoy this seamless experience, simply enter your unique 14-digit reference number, and you’re all set. Whether you’re using a mobile, tablet, or desktop, this platform ensures optimal performance on all devices. Get started now to take the stress out of managing your GEPCO WAPDA bill.
GEPCO, short for Gujranwala Electric Power Company, is a prominent electric distribution company in Pakistan. It operates in the Gujranwala division, which encompasses several districts including Gujranwala, Hafizabad, Sialkot, Gujrat, Mandi Bahauddin, and Narowal. GEPCO is responsible for the distribution and supply of electricity to residential, commercial, and industrial consumers in its jurisdiction.
The company was established in 1998 and is a subsidiary of the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) in Pakistan. GEPCO plays a crucial role in ensuring the availability and reliable distribution of electricity to its consumers. It manages a vast network of transmission and distribution lines, substations, and meters to provide uninterrupted power supply to its customers.
GEPCO aims to provide efficient and affordable electricity services to its consumers. It focuses on improving the infrastructure and upgrading the distribution system to meet the increasing demand for electricity. The company also emphasizes customer service and strives to address consumer complaints and issues promptly.
Steps to check your GEPCO electric bill:
- Go to the search field on this page.
- Enter your bill reference number in the input field.
- Click on the ‘Get Bill’ button to see the latest bill amount and due date.
- Click on ‘Print Full Bill’ to see the complete bill where you can download or print the full bill.
Check your latest bill on this website. If you are looking for your November bill or an older bill, you can find it in the old bill history. Just enter your reference number above, and get your latest GEPCO bill for December 2023.
GEPCO Helpline Contact Details
Here are the GEPCO helpline contact details:
- 24/7 helpline number: 118
- Complaint numbers: +92-055-9200504 and +92-055-9200516
- Head office address: GEPCO HQ, 565-A, Model Town, G.T Road, Gujranwala
Tips to Save Your GEPCO Electricity Bill
To save on your GEPCO bill, you can adopt similar strategies to what would be used in other areas to reduce electricity consumption. Here are a few tips:
- Use Energy-Efficient Appliances: Appliances that are energy-efficient use less electricity to perform the same function. Replacing old appliances with energy-efficient ones can save a significant amount of electricity.
- Turn Off Lights When Not in Use: It’s a simple habit to cultivate but can lead to big savings. Always turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Unplug Electronics: Even when not in use, electronics can draw power. Unplug them when they’re not needed.
- Use Natural Light: Whenever possible, make use of natural light instead of turning on lights during the day.
- Use a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat can automatically adjust the temperature in your home to the most energy-efficient setting.
- Insulate Your Home: Proper insulation can keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, reducing the need for heating and air conditioning.
- Use Energy-Efficient Bulbs: Switching to LED or CFL bulbs can significantly reduce the amount of electricity used for lighting.
- Regular Maintenance of Appliances: Keep your appliances in good working order. Regular maintenance can help ensure they’re operating as efficiently as possible.
- Use Solar Panels: If it’s feasible, installing solar panels can provide a renewable source of energy that will reduce your reliance on the grid.
- Educate Everyone in the House: Make sure everyone in the house understands the importance of saving energy and knows what they can do to help.
Remember, every little bit helps when it comes to saving energy. Even small changes can add up to big savings over time.
GEPCO Bill Payment Methods
To pay your GEPCO electricity bill in Pakistan, you have several options:
- Pay at any branch of a bank or post office.
- Use apps like Easy Paisa, Jazz Cash, etc.
- Use Internet banking. If you have Internet banking, you can call your bank and ask them to enable it for your account. From that point on, you can log in online and pay the GEPCO bill with your card or account number.
- Pay your bill by filling up the online form by visiting your official banking site that supports online or Internet banking.
- Pay your bill by phone through your banking app.
GEPCO Charges Details:
- Fuel Price Adjustment (FPA): This is adjusted for international oil prices. Pakistan’s electricity generation costs fluctuate. The following result is a three-month payment backlog for which fuel price adjustments are made for the previous month’s consumed units.
- Quarterly Tariff Adjustment (QTR Adj): Increases in tariff rates are deliberately delayed sometimes to facilitate the consumer but never waived. Therefore after every quarter (3 months), the tariff rates are increased, and the previous backlog amount is extracted from consumers as a quarterly adjustment.
- Financing Cost Surcharge (F.C. Surcharge): For the operation of privately held power companies, the distribution company takes a technical surcharge. This amount is charged at 43 paise per unit.
- Meter Rent: GEPCO takes a fixed monthly charge of Rupees eight (8) per meter as a meter rent.
GEPCO Government charges:
- Electricity Duty (E.D): The Government of Pakistan takes this tax on the total units consumed by a single household in a month.
- T.V. Fee: A thirty-five (35) Rupees fixed tax is taken by Govt. of Pakistan in terms of the Pakistan Television Network (PTV) license fee.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): 17% tax is taken from you by the Govt. Of Pakistan in place of the Goods and services tax. 17% GST is applied to Electricity duty, Electricity cost, Fuel Price Adjustment, F.C. Surcharge, and QTR Adjustment.
- Late Payment Surcharge (L.P Surcharge): 10% of the total current bill amount is charged additionally by the Pakistan government if you don’t pay your bill within the due date.
Areas Under GEPCO:
Here is a list of all areas under GEPCO (Gujranwala Electric Power Company):
- Mandi Bahauddin
GEPCO is responsible for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity to these areas. The company has a total installed capacity of 2,500 MW and serves a population of over 20 million people.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the areas served by GEPCO:
- Gujranwala is the largest city in the region and is home to a number of important industrial and commercial centers.
- Hafizabad is a smaller city that is located to the north of Gujranwala.
- Sialkot is a major industrial city that is known for its production of sports goods and surgical instruments.
- Narowal is a smaller city that is located to the northeast of Sialkot.
- Gujrat is a major agricultural district that is known for its production of wheat, rice, and sugarcane.
- Mandi Bahauddin is a smaller district that is located to the south of Gujrat.
GEPCO is a vital part of the economy in this region and plays an important role in providing reliable and affordable electricity to its customers.
What is GEPCO?
GEPCO is a public limited company that is responsible for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity to the areas of Gujranwala, Hafizabad, Sialkot, Narowal, Gujrat, and Mandi Bahauddin in Pakistan.
How can I get a new electricity connection from GEPCO?
To get a new electricity connection from GEPCO, you can visit your nearest GEPCO office and submit an application form. You will need to provide your name, address, CNIC number, and the type of connection you require. You will also need to pay a connection fee.
How can I pay my electricity bill?
You can pay your electricity bill in a number of ways, including:
– Online through the GEPCO website
– By visiting a GEPCO customer service center
– By using a bank or credit card
– By cash at a bank or post office
What are the different types of electricity tariffs available from GEPCO?
GEPCO offers a number of different electricity tariffs, including:
– Domestic tariff
– Commercial tariff
– Industrial tariff
– Agricultural tariff